Certified NIST Cybersecurity Framework Lead Implementer Training (LIVE IN TRINIDAD)
Certified NIST Cybersecurity Lead Implementer Training
NIST Cybersecurity Framework
The NIST Cybersecurity Framework provides a policy framework of computer security guidance for how private sector organizations in the United States and around the world can assess and improve their ability to prevent, detect, and respond to cyber attacks. The framework has been translated to many languages, and is used by the governments of Japan and Israel, among others.
An Accessible and Powerful Framework
The NIST CSF is now the go-to playbook for countless organizations for building a robust data protection strategy. It’s structured along five core functions — Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover — each of which captures and curates the essential goals and actions that should be prioritized across the cybersecurity lifecycle.
What does NIST CSF deliver for an organization?
The CSF helps make sense of what to do before, during, and after an incident: from shedding light on your data ecosystem and where the vulnerabilities lie; to locking down sensitive data and remediating known risks; to detecting malicious activity and meeting the threat with consistent and repeatable processes; to finally recovering through the quarantine of corrupted data, monitoring of ongoing threat activity, protocol adjustment and related steps.
The beauty is that all this guidance and wisdom comes in the form of a few strategic guidelines that are intuitive and accessible to a wide range of practitioners. Of course, not everything about NIST is voluntary for all organizations (U.S. government contractors, for example, must demonstrate security compliance under NIST 800-171 or risk losing their contracts), and regulations are always changing. That’s why the CSF is still the roadmap — not the engine — to drive your organization toward the most secure data and architectures possible.
A short list of benefits and deliverables includes:
- Superior and unbiased cyber security
- Enables long-term cybersecurity and risk management
- Ripple effects across supply chains and vendor lists
- Bridges the gap between technical and business side stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability of the Framework
- Built for future regulation and compliance requirements
Become a NIST CSF Lead Implementer
The Certified NIST CSF LI certification certifies your ability to implement the formal structure, governance, and policy of a robust cybersecurity framework following internationally recognized and respected NIST best practices and standards. Get trained and certified as an expert in developing, implementing, and managing a robust cybersecurity program according to internationally adopted NIST CSF governance and management best practices.
This 3-day NIST Cybersecurity Framework workshop provides thorough coverage of the CSF, as well as setting out advice on the implementation of cybersecurity initiative. The purpose of the course is to:
- Describe the principles and processes of cybersecurity governance and management;
- Provide thorough coverage of the requirements of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework;
- Give practical guidance on designing a suitable framework for the organization, and how to leverage ISO 27110 to integrate NIST CSF recommendations into a comprehensive ISO 27001 ISMS;
- Give practical advice on implementing cybersecurity management;
- Prepare you for your NIST Cybersecurity Framework certification exam required for Certified NIST CSF Lead Implementer professional credentialing.
Register for a class (in-person or virtual) and get started today!
- Duration: 3 days, 8:30 - 4:30
- CPE Credit: 24
- Materials included with live instructor-led training:
- Class manual (complete hard copy of class presentation)
- 14 days of unlimited access to online practice exams for exam #CSF101
- 1 attempt for the online certification exam #CSF101
- Current-year membership in the CIS Body of Certified Professionals
- Professional Certification: This course fulfills all prerequisite training requirements for certification exam #CSF101 for professional certification as Certified NIST CSF Lead Implementer.
- Certificate included with class: Upon course completion, we will provide you with an achievement certificate for 24 continuing professional education (CPE) credits that can be used to fulfill requirements for maintaining a variety of professional credentials for fraud examination, accounting, auditing, and information security.
- Recommended prerequisite training: None
- Catering for in-person attendance:
- Morning refreshments and snack
- Afternoon refreshments
- Hotel and/or Travel: Not included
* Access to a soft copy of the NIST CSF is provided in class. However, ISO Standards are NOT included in this risk management training, nor provided in class. ISO standards are available for purchase at www.iso.org.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recommends involving a cross-functional team representing business, operations, security, information technology, and maintenance areas, including those responsible for:
- IT Policy and Governance (e.g., Chief Information Security Officer)
- Business Operations (e.g., Operations Manager)
- IT Security Planning and Management (e.g., Director of Information Technology)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning (e.g., BC/DR Manager)
- IT Infrastructure (e.g., Network/System Administrator)
- Risk Management (e.g., Enterprise/Operations Risk Manager)
- IT Operations (e.g., Configuration/Change Managers)
- Procurement and Vendor Management (e.g., Contracts and Legal Support Managers)
Certified CSF Lead Implementer Content Outline:
- Framework Core Functions
- Framework Implementation Tiers (Cyber Security Risk Management)
- Framework Profiles
- Leveraging ISO 27110 to converge the CSF Framework into an ISO 27001 Information Security Management System
Establish a firm program starting point by NIST's CSF 1.1 to build out the initial cybersecurity component of an overall Information Security Policy core policy. Throughout the class, our expert instructor will convert NIST CSF concepts and requirements into a real NIST CSF-conforming cybersecurity policy.
- Framework Core Functions
This program is required for the following professional certifications:
Our simple guarantee to you.
Preparing for Certified Information Security's professional certification exam
#CSF101 is serious business. This is where we can help. If you first successfully complete:
- All prerequisite course training; and
- All CSF101 online practice exams
Certified Information Security guarantees your success in passing CIS exam #CSF101.
If you do not pass exam #CSF101 on your first attempt after completion of your required course and practice exams, Certified Information Security will allow you to re-test at no additional charge until you successfully pass your certification exam.
|Group discounts up to 30% are available!
Discounts are automatically applied when placing booking reservation.
|Event Date (MM-DD-YYYY)||06-12-2023 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||06-14-2023 4:30 pm|
|Cut off date||06-08-2023 5:00 pm|
|Cancel Registration Before Date||05-28-2023 11:59 pm|
|Individual Price||USD $3,095.00|
|Location||Trinidad | Port-of-Spain | The Brix by Marriott|
|#Registrants||Rate/Person (USD $)|