Certified Fraud Examiner Investigator & fraud investigator
Certified Fraud Examiner Investigator
Certified Fraud Examiner
|fraud investigator||certified fraud examiner||fraud investigator||certified fraud examiner||fraud investigator||fraud investigator||fraud investigator|
Is your organization complying with newly emerging anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), the UK Bribery Act, the Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act in Canada, the General Law of Administrative Accountability and Model Program for Corporation Integrity in Mexico, and several others in Russia, France, Germany, China, and Brazil?
Corporate Fraud Prevention and Detection
|Small-class format: 20 participant limit|
Internal fraud is costing your organization big money.
And in these times, more than ever.
Cutting budgets? Can’t afford training?
Fraud is a cost too. It has been estimated that internal occupational fraud and abuse costs organizations around 7% of gross revenues. 7 percent! One-fourth of the fraud schemes involve losses greater than $1 million. Most of the frauds are committed by either employees (39.7%) or managers (37.1%). Internal fraud costs your organization a lot of money without ever showing itself on the books as an expense, but it must be controlled as any other costly threat to the organization. Your organization needs to stop this hemorrhage of profits, and it needs to recover what has already been lost. If your organization is trying to cut expenses and save money, don’t allow the expensive disease of fraud and corruption to continue to thrive just because you don’t want to spend money on the less costly knowledge and skills necessary to control the problem.
This award-winning course will help you and your company:
- Assess your organization's current capabilities to properly prevent, detect, investigate, and recover losses resulting from internal fraud or abuse.
- Create and take back a hard-copy comprehensive fraud risk assessment.
- Detect a wide variety internal fraud and corruption, including (but not limited to) purchasing and acquisition fraud, payroll fraud, check fraud, reporting fraud, and abuse of company assets.
- Effectively investigate suspicions of internal fraud or abuse to support recovery of losses, possible termination or disciplinary proceedings, or even potential prosecution.
- Prepare you and your attendees for optional testing and accreditation as Certified Fraud Control Associates, Professionals, or Managers.
- Duration: 3 days, 8:30 - 4:30
- CPE Credit: 24
- Materials included with live instructor-led training:
- Class manual (complete hardcopy of the class presentation)
- Hardcopy policy templates
- Softcopy policy templates
- 14 days of unlimited access to online practice exams for exam #FC101
- 1 attempt for the online certification exam #FC101
- Current-year membership in the CIS Body of Certified Professionals
- Professional Certification: Along with the follow-on two-day Advanced Interview Techniques session, this session fulfills training requirements for certification exam #FC101 for professional ISO certifications:
- Certificate included with class: Upon course completion, we will provide you with an achievement certificate for 16 continuing professional education (CPE) credits that can be used to fulfill requirements for maintaining a variety of professional credentials for fraud examination, accounting, auditing, and information security.
- Recommended prerequisite training: None
- Morning refreshments and snack
- Afternoon refreshments
- Hotel and/or Travel: Not included
Recommended Attendance by Position
- Executive officers (CEO/CFO/COO...)
- Internal fraud investigators / examiners
- Financial auditors / examiners
- Operations auditors
- Systems auditors
- Department heads
- Human resource managers who would be involved in potential disciplinary action
- Purchasing management in charge of managing the tender process
- Payroll administrators who need to know more about how managers can commit payroll fraud
- Accounts payable/receivable administrators
- Finance department managers
- Sales managers
- Security managers
Why should these people attend?
Because they all lead, share, or support various roles and responsibilities that are crucial for controlling fraud within an organization.
This course will explore various business processes and environments to help you better understand how to prevent and detect fraud within your organization. Prior business is experience is recommended, but not required.
Until the right people are properly trained, tasked, and authorized to look for fraud, the only fraud likely to be investigated is fraud which is so blatant and amateur will be investigated. Obviously, any fraud investigator should should first understand how fraud is artfully perpetrated and why. For these reasons, we highly recommend attending this course prior to attending Advanced Interview Techniques for Investigating Internal Fraud and Abuse.
This course fulfills all prerequisite training requirements for CIS exam #FC101.
Modules explain the major schemes and provide relevant statistics on cost and frequency, as well as the perpetrators and victims of these crimes. Each scheme is illustrated with several real-life cases. The course clearly outlines prevention, detection and investigation strategies. Essential terms, questions, and discussion issues help students understand and retain the material. Not to be confused with forensic accounting instruction, this course is designed for a broad corporate management audience.
| || |
To ensure that your organization will achieve early success in detecting internal fraud and abuse, attendees will receive information on 178 proactive computerized audit queries that can be performed to help uncover potential problems. Attendees will also analyze and retain 18 case studies to help them get a better real-life exposure to fraud in the work-place. If you are interested in pursuing a career as a fraud investigator, this training session is pre-requisite training for CIS' Certified Fraud Control Manager accreditation, and also serves as excellent preparation for ACFE's Certified Fraud Examiner accreditation.
Our simple guarantee to you.
Preparing for Certified Information Security's professional fraud control exam #FC101 is serious business.
This is where we can help. If you first successfully complete:
Certified Information Security guarantees your success in passing CIS exam #FC101.
If you do not pass exam #FC101 on your first attempt after completion of your required course and practice exams, Certified Information Security will allow you to re-test at no additional charge until you successfully pass your certification exam.
Certified Information Security provides the training and credentialing you need to become recognized as an authority in information security governance and risk management. You choose the method of delivery: online through our secure website, or in-person at a publicly available course or privately at your facility. We take care of the rest – from administration, to record keeping, to providing certificates of completion and certification.
Online students have the additional convenience of taking courses whenever they want without the need to travel or disrupt their busy schedules. Our program allows users to start and stop without losing their place or data. Learning and certifying expertise has never been so easy!
How to get started - two alternatives
1. If your employer is paying for your training and certification, we recommend purchasing a complete Certified Fraud Control Manager/Professional certification package voucher that includes all required resources, including membership in the CIS Body of Certified Professionals, all required training programs, all recommended practice exams, and the required certification exam. This allows your employer to purchase and pay all of your necessary resources at once, while still giving you flexibility of when to use your training, practice exams, and certification exams later.
Average Verified Customer Review: 0 of 5
CFCA/CFCP/CFCM Purchase Credit Voucher
2. If you are paying yourself, you may just want to "pay-as-you-go" by purchasing your membership in the CIS Body of Certified Professionals, training, recommended practice exams, and the certification exams as you need them. Start by purchasing training, and then purchase practice exams when you are ready. After you complete your practice exams, you then purchase your certification exam.
A breakdown of the costs are as follows:
1. Required CIS Membership Application Fee & Membership Dues: $100.00 Learn more
2. Required Training
|Two Required Courses||Instructor-Led Option||On-line Option|
$299.95 Learn more
|- AND -|
|Advanced Interview techniques for Investigating Fraud and Abuse|| |
$199.95 Learn More
3. Optional Online Practice Exams for exams #FC101 and #FC102: $225.00 Learn more
4. Required Online Certification Exams #FC101 and #FC102: $200.00 Learn more