3. Best Practices to Develop, Deploy, & Certify BCM (30 Days)
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) platform learned in CIS Policy Workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management, this course provides participants with the knowledge, methods, and skills to put the previous course's strategy into practice. It is based on industry best practice and guidelines for business continuity based upon the ISO 22301 and ISO 22313 standards. Again, practical exercises and instructor-led discussions will help students understand the techniques to deploy, test, and maintain business continuity management in an organization.
- Developing and Implementing a BCM Response
- Developing, coordinating, evaluating and creating plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents.
- The provision of post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families.
Developing and implementing emergency response procedures for responding to and stabilizing the situation following an incident or event.
- Establishing and managing an Emergency Operations Center to be used as a command center during the emergency.
Practical experience in handling incidents/emergencies.
- Develop Incident response procedures to fulfill BCM objectives.
- Designing, developing and implementing business continuity and incident management plans that provide continuity within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives.
- Exercising, Maintenance, and Review
- Pre-planning and coordinating plan walk-throughs/exercises.
- Evaluating, updating, improving and documenting the results of exercises.
- Developing processes to maintain the currency of continuity capabilities, business continuity and incident management plans in accordance with the organization's strategic direction.
- Establishing appropriate policies and procedures for coordinating incidents, continuity and restoration activities with external agencies whilst ensuring compliance with applicable statutes and/or regulations.
- Practical experience in dealing with external agencies.
- Embedding Business Continuity Management within the Organization's Culture
- Preparing a program to create and maintain corporate awareness and enhance the skills required to develop and implement the business continuity management program or process and its supporting activities.
- Certifying Your Organization's Business Continuity Management System to ISO Standard 22301
- The certification process
- Preparing for a certification audit
Upon successful course completion, a dated certificate for 16 hours of CPE credit is issued to your name. The certificate can be viewed and downloaded from your online gradebook. Completion of this course fulfills all prerequisite training requirements for CIS exam #BCMS102.