Course Duration: 2-Days
Recommended Prerequisite training
Recommended Follow-On Session
This course fulfills all prerequisite training requirements for certification exams #ISMS101 and #ISMS102 for the Certified ISO 27001 Internal Controls Architect (CICA) professional credential.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
Upon course completion, we will provide you with an achievement certificate for 16 continuing professional education (CPE) credits that can be used to fulfill requirements for maintaining a variety of professional credentials for fraud examination, accounting, auditing, and information security.
Get a thorough understanding of ISO 27000 standards for information security governance, and how to leverage the ISO 27000 standards to establish and maintain an information security management system (ISMS) program.
Then build-out the initial ISO-conforming information security program policy right in class!
Information Security Governance
ISO 27001 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a documented Information Security program within the context of the organization's overall business risks. It specifies requirements for the implementation of security controls customized to the needs of individual organizations or parts thereof. This ISO standard is designed to ensure the selection of adequate and proportionate security controls that protect information assets and give confidence to interested parties.
This 2-day ISO 27001 training and certification workshop provides thorough coverage of the ISO 27000 standards, as well as setting out advice on the implementation of an information security initiative. The purpose of the course is to:
- Describe the principles and processes of information security governance and management;
- Provide thorough coverage of the requirements of ISO 27001;
- Give practical guidance on designing a suitable framework;
- Give practical advice on implementing information security management;
- Prepare you for your ISO 27001 certification exams required for Certified Internal Controls Architect (CICA) professional credentialing.
- Establish a firm program starting point by using ISO 27001, ISO 27002, and 27003 to build out the initial Information Security Management core policy. Soft-copy editable templates are provided in class:
- Complete ISO 27001-conforming Information Security System Policy (15-Page template provided)
- Procedure document for Training and Development Needs Analysis (9-Page template provided)
- Kick-off ISMS project plan (9-Page template provided)
- Procedure document for Identification of Requirements (4-Page template provided)
- Procedure document for identification of statutory, regulatory, contractual, and other requirements (1-Page template provided)