Course Duration: 2-Days
Recommended Prerequisite training
Recommended Follow-On Session
This course fulfills all prerequisite training requirements for certification exams #BCMS101 for professional ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management certification.
Continuing Professional Education Credit
Upon course completion, we will provide you with an achievement certificate for 16 continuing professional education (CPE) credits that can be used to fulfill requirements for maintaining a variety of professional credentials for fraud examination, accounting, auditing, and information security.
Get a thorough understanding of the ISO 22301 standard for business continuity and disaster recovery management, how to leverage the ISO 22301 standard to establish and maintain a business continuity management system (BCMS) program.
Then build-out the initial ISO 22301-conforming business continuity management program policy right in class!
Business Continuity Management
No two organizations are exactly alike. Even within the same industry and sector, every organization has unique goals, objectives, stakeholders, business processes, and risk tolerance. In order to craft incident response that best fits your organization's needs, you need to establish a system for ongoing understanding and management of those needs. Trying to develop business continuity and contingency procedures before determining what your organization needs the levels of risk it will tolerate, and the organization that will manage business continuity is akin to trying to author a book without first determining a plot. The foundation for business continuity management is established and documented in a business continuity management policy, and this class helps you create or improve that policy.
This 2-day ISO 22301business continuity strategy and policy workshop provides participants with a solid understanding of business continuity management. It is based on industry best practice and guidelines for business continuity and reviews the ISO 22301 Standard for business continuity management. Practical exercises and instructor-led discussions will help students understand the benefits of business continuity management in an organization.
This business continuity training will:
- Describe the principles and processes of business continuity management and governance;
- Provide thorough coverage of the requirements of ISO 22301;
- Give practical guidance on designing a suitable framework and business continuity management strategy;
- Give practical advice on setting up and operating business continuity management;
- Prepare you for ISO 22301 certification exams;
- Establish a firm program starting point by using ISO 22301 to build out the initial Business Continuity Management core policy.
The CIS ISO 22301 policy template toolkit is included with the instructor-led class:
- Complete ISO 22301-conforming BCM Policy (29-Page template provided)
- Procedure document for identification of statutory, regulatory, contractual, and other requirements (1-Page)
- Procedure for Training and Development Needs Analysis document (8-Page template provided)
- BCM Program project kick-off document (9-Page template provided)