Course Duration: 3-Days
Recommended Follow-On Session
This course fulfils all prerequisite training requirements for certification exams #FC101 for professional fraud control credentials. This course is a prerequisite for all CIS fraud control certifications. Get details
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit
Upon course completion, we will provide you with an achievement certificate for up to 24 continuing professional education (CPE) credits that can be used to fulfill requirements for maintaining a variety of professional credentials for fraud examination, accounting, auditing, and information security.
Internal fraud is costing your organization big money.
And in these times, more than ever.
Cutting budgets? Can’t afford training?Fraud is a cost too. It has been estimated that internal occupational fraud and abuse costs organizations around 7% of gross revenues. 7 percent! One-fourth of the fraud schemes involve losses greater than $1 million. Most of the frauds are committed by either employees (39.7%) or managers (37.1%). Internal fraud costs your organization a lot of money without ever showing itself on the books as an expense, but it must be controlled as any other costly threat to the organization. Your organization needs to stop this hemorrhage of profits, and it needs to recover what has already been lost. If your organization is trying to cut expenses and save money, don’t allow the expensive disease of fraud and corruption to continue to thrive just because you don’t want to spend money on the less costly knowledge and skills necessary to control the problem.
This award-winning course will help you and your company:
- Assess your organization's current capabilities to properly prevent, detect, investigate, and recover losses resulting from internal fraud or abuse.
- Create and take back a hard-copy comprehensive fraud risk assessment.
- Detect a wide variety internal fraud and corruption, including (but not limited to) purchasing and acquisition fraud, payroll fraud, check fraud, reporting fraud, and abuse of company assets.
- Effectively investigate suspicions of internal fraud or abuse to support recovery of losses, possible termination or disciplinary proceedings, or even potential prosecution.
- Prepare you and your attendees for optional testing and accreditation as Certified Fraud Control Associates, Professionals, or Managers.