This is the expert-level business continuity management certification. CBCAs with at least 5 years of qualified experience are eligible for this credential. This certification maps to all ISO 22301 Certification competence requirements.
CBCM™ Certification Narrated Tutorial
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) platform validated by the Certified Business Continuity Strategist credential, the Certified Business Continuity Manager (CBCM) certification by CIS attests to your ability and experience to develop the necessary incident management plans (IMPs) and response procedures necessary to fulfill the strategic objectives that have already been finalized. The CBCM also certifies that you have the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience to properly administrate the deployment, testing, and maintenance of IMPs and response procedures.
Getting Certified as a CBCM™
The CBCM™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a memberto pursue the CBCM credential.
- Attend all of the following required CIS approved curriculum courses:
If you attend all of the following instructor-led seminars, you will fulfill the training requirement for CICRA and CBCS certification. Seminars may be attended at live instructor-led sessions, online, or a combination of both.
- CIS Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- CIS Policy Workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Best Practices to Develop, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Pass the CBCA Exams.
For CBCM certification by CIS, candidates must pass CIS exams RM101, BCMS101, and BCMS 102. CIS exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements and proof of required experience.
CBCM certification requires at least five (5) years of experience in two or more of the domains of the CIS BCMS Common Body of Knowledge as tested in CIS exams RM101, BCMS101, and BCMS102. Submit three CIS Candidate Endorsement Forms and proof of experience requirements to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed forms and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS. You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.