This is the mid-level business continuity management certification. This certification maps to all ISO 22301 competence requirements.
CBCA™ Certification Narrated Tutorial
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) platform validated by the Certified Business Continuity Strategist credential, the Certified Business Continuity Administrator (CBCA) certification by CIS attests to your ability to develop the necessary incident management plans (IMPs) and response procedures necessary to fulfill the strategic objectives that have already been finalized. The CBCA also certifies that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to properly administrate the deployment, testing, and maintenance of IMPs and response procedures.
Getting Certified as a CBCA™
The CBCA™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a memberto pursue the CBCA credential.
- Attend all of the following required CIS approved curriculum courses:
If you attend all of the following instructor-led seminars, you will fulfill the training requirement for CICRA and CBCS certification. Seminars may be attended at live instructor-led sessions, online, or a combination of both.
- CIS Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- CIS Policy Workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Best Practices to Develop, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Pass the CBCA Exams.
For CBCA certification by CIS, candidates must pass CIS exams RM101, BCMS101, and BCMS 102. CIS exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS Learning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements.
CBCA is a mid-level credential and has no experience requirements. Complete and submit your Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Upgrade Path: Certified Business Continuity Manager (CBCM™)
After earning the five years of experience required for CFCM™, the candidate will be certified accordingly after completing the endorsement process. An additional exam is not needed.