As an influential professional body, CIPS helps all kinds of organizations achieve all-round excellence in procurement and supply management. We do this by offering a range of products & services to equip you with the knowledge, training, and practical skills you need to derive maximum benefit from your procurement practices. To view some further information on CIPS successes and goals, take a look at CIPS' 'All about CIPS' brochure'.
Throughout the world, CIPS qualifications are recognized as driving leading edge thinking and professionalism in the profession. Each of the CIPS qualifications has been developed by working closely with CIPS' industry partners to make sure they reflect current, emerging and best practice in procurement and supply chain management.
- The world’s largest procurement and supply professional organization with a global Community of over 115,000 members in 150 countries.
- A global not-for-profit organization, with regional offices around the world in the UK, Africa, Australia, MENA and soon in China, supporting corporates, public sector and SMEs in all sectors
- Leading edge thinking, for everyone in procurement and supply management recognized throughout the world as the voice of the procurement and supply management profession with globally-recognized quali?cations.
- Established in 1932 and awarded a royal charter in 1992
Affiliations and Strategic Partnerships
CIPS has partnered with with United Nations Secretariat, UNOPS and UNDP delivering procurement best practice to the developing world and UN system.
CIPS provides public sector procurement values, principles and standards with the US National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP).
- Other significant links with governments, business, the public sector and various other organizations in numerous countries including:
- The Institute for Supply Management
- The International Federation of Purchasing and Supply Management (IFPSM)
- International Purchasing and Supply Education and Research Association (IPSERA)
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC)
- CIPS representes a global network of professionals in the private, public and third sectors, in academia, and professional practice.