Certified Fraud Control Professional™
If you’re a procurement manager or practitioner, you already know the critical role of procurement plays in controlling fraud and abuse as it relates to protecting an organization’s investment in acquiring goods and services. Achieving CPFCS certification shows that you are a uniquely qualified procurement professional with the mission-critical know-how and skills to prevent, detect, and even investigate/recover expensive fraud loss due to fraudulent billing schemes, expense reimbursement fraud, tender and contract fraud, bid rigging, corruption, collusion, disbursement (payment) fraud, and other procurement and acquisition-related schemes.
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will:
- be equipped with knowledge and skills required to prevent, detect, and investigate potential procurement-related fraud and abuse;
- expand your procurement fraud control competency;
- increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
|Getting Certified as CPFCS™||Download PDF Guide|
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The CPFCS™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CPFCS credential.
- Attend the required course, live or online. Prerequisite training for CPFCS certification eligibility includes either:
- Preventing, Detecting, and Investigating Procurement Fraud (live instructor-led class); OR
- Certified Procurement Fraud Control Specialist Training Kit Online
- Pass the CPFCS Exams. For CPFCS certification, candidates must pass exams #PFC101 and #FC102. Exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements.
CPFCS has no pre-requisite experience requirements. Complete exams #PFC101 and #FC102, and submit three CIS Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Upgrade Path: Certified Fraud Control Professional (CFCA™)