Certified Fraud Control Professional™
This is the mid-level fraud control certification for fraud control professionals with at least two years of qualified experience. You have already been involved with controlling fraud in your career for at least two years as an accountant, human resource professional, auditor, security professional, or manager, but are now ready to base your career in fraud control. Your experience in the field is an important component of your value to an employer. But experience just isn’t enough. Employers need something quantifiable and verifiable to show them you have the expertise they need. Earning the CFCP™ certification will give you the credential and proof of expertise today's employers require.
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will:
- be equipped with knowledge and skills required to prevent, detect, and investigate potential occupational fraud and abuse;
- expand your fraud control competency;
- increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
|Getting Certified as CFCP™||Download PDF Guide|
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The CFCP™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CFCP credential.
- Attend the required course, live or online. Prerequisite training for CFCP certification eligibility includes:
- Corporate Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Advanced Interviews Techniques for Investigating Fraud and Abuse
- Pass the CFCP Exams. For CFCP certification, candidates must pass exams #FC101 and #FC102. Exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements and résumé.
CFCP is a mid-level credential and requires at least two years of related experience. Complete exams #CF101 and #CF102, and submit three CIS Candidate Endorsement Forms along with your résumé to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Upgrade Path: Certified Fraud Control Professional (CFCM™)