Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor ™
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 31000 and 27005 risk management frameworks, and the ISO 27001 framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Architect credential, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification by CIS further certifies your ability to audit the formal structure, governance, and policy of an ISO 27000 conforming Information Security Management System (ISMS). Furthermore, the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification ensures that you are qualified to assure strategic objectives according to core ISO best practices.
This professional certification is applicable to those needing to conduct internal or external audits of a risk management system supporting an ISMS, or how to manage an ISO ISMS audit program. This is the only ISO 27001 Lead Auditor training and professional examination program to incorporate ISO's 27007 standard as core content within its program.
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, participants will:
- be equipped with knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) against the ISMS standards;
- be able to expand participants' auditing competency;
- be able to increase participants' credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- be able to improve particpants' résumé/CV and help to increase participants' earning potential.
|Getting Certified as ISO 27001 Lead Auditor™|
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor credential.
- Attend the required course, live or online. Prerequisite training for ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification eligibility includes:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor
- Pass the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Exams. For CICA certification, candidates must pass exams #RM101, #ISMS101, #ISMS102, and #ISMS103. Exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements and résumé.
ISO 27001 Lead Auditor is an expert-level credential requiring at least 2 years of qualified experience. Complete your CIS exams #RM101, #ISMS101, #ISMS102, and #ISMS103, and submit your résumé along with three Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.