ISO 27001 Certified Internal Controls Architect™
Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 27005 risk management framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Risk Analyst credential, the ISO 27001 Certified Internal Controls Architect (CICA) certification certifies your ability to develop the formal structure, governance, and policy of an ISO 27001 conforming Information Security Management System (ISMS). Furthermore, the CICA certification ensures that you are qualified to develop strategic objectives according to core ISO 27001, 27002, 27003, and 27005 best practices.
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will:
- be equipped with knowledge and skills required to develop, manage, monitor, and improve an Information Security Management System in line with the current ISO 27001 and 27002 standards of best practice;
- expand your information security competency;
- increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The ISO 27001 CICA™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CICA credential.
- Attend the required course, live or online. Prerequisite training for ISO 27001 CICA certification eligibility includes:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 27001 Information Security Management
- Pass the CICA Exams. For CICA certification, candidates must pass exams #RM101, #ISMS101 and #ISMS102. Exams are administered online and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements and résumé.
CICA is an mid-level credential requiring at least 2 years of qualified experience. Complete your exams #RM101, #ISMS101, and #ISMS102, and submit your résumé along with three Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Upgrade Path: Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor™