Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Manager™
This is the expert-level business continuity management certification. This certification maps to all ISO 22301 competence requirements. Building upon the foundation understanding of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) platform validated by the Certified Business Continuity Strategist credential, the Certified Business Continuity Manager (CBCM) attests to your ability to develop the necessary incident management plans (IMPs) and response procedures necessary to fulfill the strategic objectives that have already been finalized. The CBCM also certifies that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to properly administrate the deployment, testing, and maintenance of IMPs and response procedures.
Furthermore the CBCM certification ensures that you are qualified to develop strategic objectives including, but not limited to:
- determine and guide the selection of alternative business recovery operating strategies for continuation of business within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, while maintaining the organization's critical functions;
- deliver solutions for continuation of business within the recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, whilst maintaining the organization's critical functions;
- develop, coordinate, and evaluate plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents;
- provide post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families
Upon completion of this training and certificate program, you will also:
- expand your risk management and business continuity competency in line with internationally recognized standards of best practice;
- increase your credibility through gaining international recognition; and
- improve your résumé and help to increase your earning potential.
|Getting Certified as CBCM™|
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The CBCM™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CBCM credential.
- Attend the required approved curriculum course, live or online. Prerequisite training for CBCM certification eligibility includes:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Deploy, Exercise, and Certify Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery Management
- Pass the CBCM Exams. For CBCM certification, candidates must pass exams #RM101, #BCMS101, and #BCMS102. Exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements and résumé.
CBCM is an expert-level credential and requires a minimum of 5 years of qualified experience. Complete your CIS exams #RM101, #BCMS101, #BCMS102, and submit your résumé along with three CIS Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.