Certified ISO 22301 Business Continuity Strategist™
CBCS is an executive business continuity governance certification appropriate for all members of the BCMS or ISMS committee. This certification maps to the strategy competence requirements of ISO best practices. ISO advocates that the business process of business continuity and disaster recovery management should begin with the development of a clear continuity strategy establishing what the organization needs to accomplish with its BCM program based upon thorough risk analysis and evaluation by the proper risk decision-makers within the organization. Building upon the foundation understanding of the ISO 31000 risk management framework validated by the Certified Internal Controls Risk Analyst credential, the IRMCB Certified Business Continuity Strategist (CBCS) certification validates your ability to develop the formal structure, governance, and policy of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) using the framework presented in ISO 22301. Furthermore the CBCS certification ensures that you are qualified to develop strategic objectives including, but not limited to:
- Determining and guiding the selection of alternative business recovery operating strategies for continuation of business within recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, while maintaining the organization's critical functions.
- Delivering solutions for continuation of business within the recovery time and/or recovery point objectives, whilst maintaining the organization's critical functions.
- Developing, coordinating, evaluating and creating plans and procedures to communicate with internal stakeholders during incidents.
- The provision of post-incident support and guidance for employees and their families.
Getting certified is easy, and can be accomplished completely online. The CBCS™ certification is available to qualified candidates who:
- Are a member of CIS in good standing.
If you are not already an Associate member of the CIS certification student body, you must first become a member to pursue the CBCS credential.
- Attend the required course, live or online. Prerequisite training for CBCS certification eligibility includes:
- Policy Workshop: ISO 31000 Enterprise Risk Management
- Policy workshop: ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management
- Pass the CBCS Exams. For CBCS certification, candidates must pass exams #RM101 and #BCMS101. Exams are administered on-line and can be taken at your convenience at your home or work through the CIS eLearning Center, where your progress and score are monitored and recorded centrally. Your exam results are provided automatically upon completion of your exam.
- Submit your professional endorsements.
CBCS is an entry-level credential and has no experience requirements. Complete exams #RM101 and #BCMS101, and submit three CIS Candidate Endorsement Forms to the Certification Department at CIS Headquarters. Your completed application and documentation can be mailed, transmitted by facsimile, or e-mailed to:
Certified Information Security
ATTN: Certification Department
1004 Green Pine Circle
Orange Park, FL 32065 USA
Fax: +1(786) 522-9063
- Gain final approval from the certification committee and become certified by CIS.
You will officially become certified once your exam and credentials are approved by the certification committee. Your certification kit will be mailed to the address you provided for your membership account. Those who have attained a CIS credential will be invoiced for certification renewal upon annual membership renewal.
Upgrade Path: Certified Business Continuity Administrator (CBCA™) or Certified Busienss Continuity Manager (CBCM™)